Brief note: The Grinch is trying to steal Revolver this Christmas. Fortunately, we are supported by many generous Subscribers and Donors, which helps us weather any cancel culture storm. You can now easily give the gift of a Revolver ad-free Subscription. Go to the Subscribe page and check the “gift” option. Don’t be a scrooge and make it an annual subscription. Buy one for yourself and for your friends and family, and anyone who can afford to give more, don’t hesitate to make a recurring monthly donation — whether it’s $1 or $1,000, every bit helps.
This seven-minute video is worth the watch. Nice scoop:
EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: I have obtained a copy of President Trump unveiling the major planks of his official Free Speech Policy Proposal
This is the first video drop in a series to come from his 2024 presidential campaign pic.twitter.com/PDMUBNmc8W
— New Slippers Poso🇺🇸 (@JackPosobiec) December 15, 2022
Experience Revolver without ads
Too bad it’s being overshadowed by the NFT kerfuffle.
President Trump wants to completely destroy the censorship cartel in a second term—“The censorship cartel must be dismantled and destroyed.” Here are the bullet point planks from the speech:
- Executive order banning federal department or agency from colluding to censor, limit, categorize or impede the lawful speech of citizens.
- Ban federal money from being used to label domestic speech as mis- or disinformation.
- Identify and fire every federal bureaucrat who has engaged in domestic censorship, directly or indirectly.
- Order the DOJ to investigate all parties involved in the new online censorship regime and aggressively prosecute any and all crimes identified.
- Urge House Republicans to immediately send preservation letters to the Biden administration, the Biden campaign, and every Silicon Valley tech giant.
- Ask Congress to pass bill revising Section 230 to get big online platforms out of the censorship business. Digital platforms will only qualify for immunity if they meet high standards of neutrality.
- Require platforms to increase efforts to take down unlawful content, and curtail their power to arbitrarily restrict lawful speech.
- Break up the entire toxic censorship industry that has arisen to fight so-called mis- and disinformation.
- US universities who have engaged in censorship activities in the past will lose federal research dollars and federal loan support for a period of five years.
- New laws with criminal penalties for federal bureaucrats who partner with private entities to do an end-run around the Constitution.
Clearly, Donald Trump is prepared to go to war against the “Disinformation Industry” that operates within the national security state to censor anyone who dares question the regime.
The 45th president also refreshingly hinted at a detailed understanding of exactly how this censorship architecture works, and calls out the Department of Homeland Security specifically. Recent reporting from the Intercept confirmed that the DHS was colluding with and pressuring tech firms to censor on a range of topics, including election fraud and Covid.
In one of Revolver’s blockbuster reports, we exposed how the disgraced former head of the DHS’ defunct Disinformation Governance Board was involved in a secret US and UK intel-funded influence operation to censor conservatives and populists:
As Revolver and others have covered, Nina “Moaning Myrtle” Jankowicz is a joke.
Nina’s name appeared in one of the most explosive and aggressively censored national security leaks of the century. The leak in question exposed the “Integrity Initiative,” a dark government-funded NGO that appears to have engaged in political meddling and covert influence operations in Western countries under the guise of fighting “disinformation.”
Experience Revolver without ads
And of course, we’d be remiss not to remind you of our previous exposé on the disgraced apparatchik Renée DeResta:
It is not yet clear whether Elon Musk’s increasingly precarious play for Twitter will result in the restoration of free speech in the “global public square.” Successful or not, Elon’s brave move has clarified beyond any doubt the Regime’s fundamental hostility to free speech and dissent. Judging from the critical reactions from journalists, NGOs and Democrat politicians, you’d think the man were attempting to invade Poland rather than remove censorship on a social media platform.
Of all the regime scribblers and scribes flooding the internet with glorified blog posts on the awfulness of Elon Musk’s Twitter bid, a piece by Renée DiResta published in the Atlantic stands out from the rest — not because of its force of argument, but because of the largely forgotten scandal behind its author.
Like the now disgraced and jobless Nina Jankowicz, DiResta is a career-girl of the Disinformation Industry — a constellation of NATO and US State Department-funded NGOs and civil society groups that censor inconvenient truths, facts and narratives under the guise of protecting the public from so-called “disinformation.” And like Nina Jankowicz, it turns out that DiResta’s name is closely associated with one of the most explosive and aggressively covered-up influence operations of the century.
This Free Speech policy message is exactly what we needed to hear, and need to hear more of in the coming year. President Trump’s latest move is a very encouraging sign and hopefully an indication of even stronger things to come.